Friday 1 October 2010

Hello followers, if there are any, time for me to actually post something. Due to work constraints this blog has remained virtually inactive all summer. I have now commenced my masters in IT and Telecommunications law at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow and I intend to keep a much more comprehensive log of my opinions and ideas. It seems like it will be a brilliant course - I will be completing modules in e-commerce and internet governance for the first semester. Regulation of cyberspace and the various theories that surround it are where my primary interests lie. I am fascinated by concepts like Lawrence Lessig's "law as code" and the debate expounded by Jonathan Zittrain on the future of the internet as shaped by generative (or not) technologies. I am hoping that as I research more deeply into the area of internet governance I will discover new theories which I will critique and share here in the blogosphere.

In the meantime I'll be posting random technological items of interest and anything else that seems vaguely relevant.

Thanks for reading.
Moose

No comments:

Post a Comment